Where should proceedings for separation and divorce begin?

Start at the Family Court

All separation/divorce cases must start in the Family Court in your region.

When is a divorce filed in court?

The family court summons the parties to a meeting. If the spouse summoned to the meeting does not appear twice, the other can request that the case be sent to court.

If, during the meeting in the Family Court, the parties do not reach an agreement on the terms of separation or divorce, each party can request that the case be sent to the Court.

Possibility of a free process in case of divorce in court

Once the case has been sent to court, each of the parties can apply for free trial if they meet the financial conditions. Free process can be achieved if you have a relatively low income and assets, then the state can step in and pay your legal costs.

See more about free process at the Civil Agency